- What if we cannot check in by 4:00 PM on Sunday?
- Can I have two roommates?
- What if I have to miss an evening session for a ball game?
- What should I bring?
- Are there snacks available?
- What bedding do I need?
- When can the parents pick up the campers?
- May parents watch their child’s activities?
- Is it possible to be a day-camper and still eat camp meals?
- If I enroll late, can I still request a specific roommate?
- Where are the activities located?
- What if I just had a birthday, and I’m a “year” older than my buddies?
1. What if we cannot check in by 4:00 PM on Sunday?
No problem. We are available in the lobby for check in until about 1:00 A.M. on Monday morning. Sunday’s activities are designed to give the coaches a chance to evaluate the campers. A 1-on-1 tournament is started on Sunday, and most coaches are able to play a late arrival into the tournament before it is over.
2. Can I have two roommates?
We can put three campers in a room very comfortably. On request we have put four in a room, however, we prefer not to do that.
3. What if I have to miss an evening session for a ball game?
No problem. Evenings are for league games and all teams have a sub. The adult (parent) coming to pick you up will have to check in at the dorm first, though, because no coach will allow a camper to leave a gym without notification from the site director or dorm director.
4. What should I bring?
Lots of: socks, shorts, light T-shirts, towels, bedding, toiletries and swim suit. Many bring a radio/clock radio, but no alarm is necessary–we’ll get you up! A cell phone is a great advantage!!
5. Are there snacks available? .
A snack machine is available. Pizza is available for a late night snack. Pop is available.
6. What bedding do I need?
You should bring a top and a bottom sheet, a light blanket, and pillows. The rooms are air-conditioned!! Each room has its own thermostat.
7. When can the parents pick up the campers?
Unless pre-arranged, all campers are dismissed after the awards assembly and All-Star Games which is held at approximately 12:30 on Wednesday. The dorm is not open between 12pm to 2pm until the end of the ceremony on Wednesday. This is for the security of campers belongings. If you have to check out prior to the end of the awards assembly, arrange this in advance with dorm staff.
8. May parents watch their child’s activities?
Absolutely!!! Many come for evening games, and each year a few will stay in town a day or two and watch many day-time activities.
9. Is it possible to be a day-camper and still eat camp meals?
Yes! Meals may be purchased in advance. The cost varies. Lunch costs less than supper. Meal prices will be posted in the lobby when you register and you may pay for them then.
10. If I enroll late, can I still request a specific roommate?
It is possible, but within about four or five days of camp we have a hard time juggling the dorm assignments. We occasionally try, though. It is best to give us at least a 7 to 10 days notice.
11. Where are the activities located?
General sessions are at the KWU gym. All Star games are on campus and in nearby gyms with room for spectators. Meals are on campus in the air conditioned dining hall. The camp swim is at the municipal pool, which we rent so we’re the only ones in it. Parents will be directed by the dorm staff, to wherever they need to be to watch any activity, during any session they wish too see.
12. What if I just had a birthday, and now I’m a “year” older than my buddies?
We can place you where you want to be!! We do occasionally move a camper “up” to be challenged, but only with that campers consent.